Monday, March 25, 2013

Guest Blogger Priya Narendran


Welcome to my blog stop for Priya Narendran. Priya has a guest blog with us today, and then I'm posting my review for Priya's book. I hope you'll help me welcome this author to the blog by commenting :)






My dream cast for Schoolgirl Cinderella would include:
Briony Duke: Isabelle Fuhrman - she looks a lot like Briony and I think she is a young actress who will accomplish great things.
Tom Logan: Daniel Sharman - a very fine character actor who was excellent in “The Immortals.”
Mrs. Eyres:  Rachel Weisz - Oscar winning actress can play this role to perfection!
Lucy Eyres:  Annasophia Robb - she’s been acting since she was a child and I thought she was the best thing in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
Albert Tiddle; Anthony Hopkins - no one can do scary, subtle, kind, mysterious and funny as well as Mr. Hopkins.





BLURB: Seventeen year old Briony Duke lives in a manor house with her guardian Mrs. Eyres and Eyres's daughter Lucy. Mrs. Eyres makes Briony sleep in the kitchen, cook, clean and do the laundry. One day Briony meets nineteen year old Tom Logan,the sixth richest man in the country. Tom is intelligent, articulate and incredibly attractive. The only problem is. Mrs. Eyres and Lucy have also set their sights on him.

Review rating:  3.5 LIGHTNING BOLTS

Review:   i can't resist a modern fairy tale retelling..Schoolgirl Cinderella is intriguing and all around a good story.

Briony is the main character, and she's got a lot of ordeals to handle.  Overall, she's a strong character and she is easy to relate to.

There's a few things about that story that threw me off. Sometimes the wording doesn't make sense, and I can't always make out who is talking.   It's a little jumpy in places, but I stuck through it because I had to know what was going to happen!  There are some meat spirited characters in the story that like to drag Briony down, but she holds her own quite well. The conflict and plot is consistent, and it's a story that anyone can enjoy.


Author Bio:



My name is Priya Narendran and I have been a fan of paranormal fiction and fairy tales for years. I started writing when I was 7 years old and haven’t stopped writing since. So far I have written mainly fairy tale themed stories but I hope to branch out into paranormal romance and fantasy in the near future.  As well as writing I’m an avid film buff and my favourite films include My Fair Lady, Amadeus, Raiders of the Lost Ark and The Shining. I tend to write mainly fairy tale re-tellings mainly because I find it fascinating to look at fairy tales through a modern lens. I hope you enjoy reading these books as much as I have enjoyed writing them.

Connect with Priya!

GoodReads

1 comment: